Monday, May 10, 2010

To A Few Amazing Women...

This past weekend was such an amazing one with Leigh & Jake's wedding! However, before I post about that, I must post about the most important women in my life in honor of Mother's Day!

I feel so blessed to be able to celebrate two special women on this year's Mother's Day! My mom, Suzie and my new mother-in-law, Becky! 

Clayton and I are so blessed that these two ladies love each other as much as they love us!

Why I love my mom:
  • She loves me, Allie, and now Clayton no matter what!
  • She is the most selfless woman I know - always putting her family and friends before herself.
  • She loves the Lord.
  • She is a beacon of strength.
  • She is a prayer warrior - this woman prays for me night and day. She even knows what to pray without me telling her!
  • She has a deep wisdom that constantly amazes me (Sometimes it's the last thing I want to hear, but I still listen because she's always right!)
  • She spent her life folding clothes, cooking dinners, driving the carpool, teaching Sunday School, cheering us on at games and cheerleading competitions, helping with sorority recruitments, moving us in to our first homes, and now giving me away at my wedding. She's been there through the good, the bad, and the ugly. She's my mom and I love her more than anything!
Me, Mom, and Allie

Why I love my Mother-in-Law:
  • She loves me like a daughter and has always included me as a member of the Wells family.
  • I can go to her with anything, and she'll listen and offer wisdom and counsel.
  • I love our chats over coffee in the morning, while the boys are out fishing or golfing.
  • She is a fearless woman of courage and her strength amazes me!
  • She loves her family more than anything and always puts them first!
  • She raised two amazing kids, Clayton and Liz. 
  • She brought Clayton up the right way raising a man of character. I know I'm biased, but she did a pretty darn good job! 



Becky and Family

Why I love my Mimi:
  • She's the amazing matriarch of our family.
  • She loves my Papa and have a marriage that I admire!
  • She never missed an event when we were growing up - she came to every cheerleading competition, every basketball game, soccer game, volleyball game, chorus/band concert, school play, graduation, church event, even sorority recruitment at Auburn! 
  • She taught me how to play the piano!
  • She taught me to appreciate the arts - good music, broadway plays, etc.
  • She lived in the same town as us growing up, and I am so blessed to have had so many of my childhood memories with her!
  • She loves me like her own daughter (even calls me Suzie because I look so much like my mom when she was growing up!)
  • She loves her family and granddaughters more than anything in the world! 

Mimi and Me


Thanks to all of you for your love and guidance over the years! You each have impacted my life in such an invaluable way! I love you Mom, Becky, and Mimi!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I clicked over from Lane's blog:)I went to middle school and high school with Clay and our Mama's were both Kappa Deltas! I work for my Dad's welding business and we do alot of work with Sperry & Associates so I know Mr. Bart really well too. Just wanted to say hi and that I love your cute little blog. Hope you guys are enjoying married life! Oh-and our hubbies have the same b-day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God blessed me with you, my precious Amy!

    ReplyDelete