Monday, May 17, 2010

Sister


So last week wasn't one of my finest weeks.... In a nutshell, I was lonely, feeling sorry for myself, tired of living in Young Harris, tired of working from home by myself. You name it, I was complaining about it. Poor Clayton.

I needed a getaway! I knew right where to go! My sweet sister has always had an open door policy with me. Anytime I need to come over - she listens to me, loves me, feeds me, offers perspective, and even shares her bed with me. She knew I was in need of some cheering up, so she did just that! During her lunch break, she fed me my favorite Chick-fil-A Chicken Nuggets Kid's Meal for lunch, and took me shopping. Allie could have majored in retail therapy!

That night we had our monthly sister date night - a tradition we started the month of my wedding. Once a month, just the two of us would do dinner together to catch up without any distractions. Allie took me to JCT Kitchen! Can you believe I had never been there? We sat on the deck, listened to music, drank a cocktail and ate Parmesan Truffle Fries...followed by a lovely dinner inside. I loved the decor and loved my company.



Thanks for loving me unconditionally, Allie!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE JCT! I would seriously drive up to ATL just for dinner. My fave is the sweet corn and goat cheese filled pasta. YUM-O!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted to go there for years....and for some reason just haven't! Their mac n cheese is also to die for!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like a sister! Sounds like it was perfect timing for your little get-together! :)

    ReplyDelete