Monday, May 17, 2010

And when it ain't easy....

Lean on the Lord because He will surprise you in ways that are unimaginable! "I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full!" John 10:10

I am so thankful to have a Savior who loves me unconditionally. Like I said, last week was not one of my finest weeks.... but then God surprised me (us). He gave us an amazing weekend, just the two of us! It felt like a mini-honeymoon! We were able to rest and relax together. I am so thankful for weekends like these - they are so precious. I look at Clayton and look at this place that we call home, and am filled with gratefulness.

Friday night, Clayton took me on a date to my favorite place in the Mountains! Brasstowne Valley Resort - this Resort has the most beautiful views! We had dinner, played darts, watched the Braves play at the bar, and looked at the beautiful views!

Rocking chairs on the deck...taking in the gorgeous scenery!

On Saturday, I baked a Strawberry Pie! I've been in search of a good strawberry pie recipe....this one was pretty good (I'll post the recipe later)! We grilled out turkey burgers (my favorite) with our little friend and rented a movie. We watched The Hurt Locker - I've been wanting to see it since it got so much hype at the Oscars. It was very intense, but good. It makes you appreciate those boys in Iraq that are fighting for freedom in this world.


She just melts in your arms.
Yes, we spoil her rotten. How can you not when she looks at you with this sweet face?

She's learned that she loves to grill out!


On Sunday, we "church hunted" to try to find a church that we like up here. We went to one of the Methodist churches (we both grew up Methodist), but it was a little dry for our taste. We are so spoiled by the church we attended in Atlanta (Buckhead Church)... it's hard to find one that lives up to it! So, the search continues!

After church, we found this local country kitchen for breakfast! Cook's Country Kitchen was sooooo good! Talk about home cookin'! I had a sausage biscuit with hashbrowns with cheese and onions! Vern got the sausage, egg, and cheese breakfast sandwich! We loved the waitresses shirts that read "Jeet - Yet?" Get it? :)

Then Team Wells was off on an adventure! Time to explore....Oh, and look what we found!

Everything was so green, after Saturday night's rain... It smelled so good!
Waterfalls...


Fly Fishing in the falls....Clay caught a few trout!

Look who else, gave it a whirl!
I caught a tree. Oops.


We packed a picnic, I brought my book, and Clay (and me) got to fish as we took in this beautiful setting. Words can't quite describe the sounds, the smells, and the sights of what we saw yesterday. It was the epitome of peace. And just when it couldn't get any better, a summer storm rolled in. We ran through the woods back to the truck - soaked! SO FUN! It felt like we were kids again! 

We ended the weekend grilling out with out favorite little buddy again! Father, thank you for this awesome gift of a weekend that you gave us! You are so good to us!


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...those pictures are so good! Glad y'all had a relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, you are such a good sport...and one of these days you're going to catch a fish...if you could catch Vern, you will surely get a good one.

    ReplyDelete