Wednesday, May 5, 2010

All WAS Wells (Literally!)

We have had so many visitors lately, I am so behind on my blogging! BUT....I love it! The preparation, cooking, cleaning, organizing, baking, etc. It keeps me busy and I love entertaining our family and friends up in the mountains!

This past weekend, the rest of the Wells joined us! Bart, Becky, Liz, and Allie (the dog) drove all the way up from Florida on Thursday! We had such a great weekend - the perfect amount of fun and relaxation. We hadn't seen them since the wedding, so we have missed them like crazy!

On Friday, we had a surprise Mother's Day Celebration for our Moms! My mom drove up from Big Canoe, GA to catch up with the Wells, too. Little did our moms know, we had a little celebration in store for them!


Donuts from our favorite Bakery, Grinds & Glazes, in Blairesville!


I made a homemade Hummingbird Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting! (Paula Deen's Hummingbird Cake)


Now that's my kind of breakfast! My mom brought us the first roses from her garden....aren't they beautiful?

After we got our sugar on, we put on our bathing suits and shorts and headed to the lake! Bart and Clayton rented a boat so we could cruise around Lake Chatuge all day! It was heavenly - being on the water surrounded by mountains on a beautiful warm spring day. 
Happy captain.

Mothers & Daughters (We'll have to do a retake over 4th of July when Allie is with us!)
My vern.

Happy Early Mother's Day, Mama!
Love this girls like a sister.

Beautiful view of the lake from the mountains....Hard to believe that we get to call this home. 

After boating, we came back to the house and grilled out! One of our favorite things to do. We sat on the porch, talked, reminisced, and ate. My kind of night.

Of course, the boys enjoyed their cigars!

On Saturday, the boys played golf and the girls played in the kitchen. (No pictures of these activities.) However, that evening we went up to the Brasstown Valley Resort for dinner, drinks, and live music! It was such a treat to get dressed up! I can't tell you the last time I put make-up on... I don't think Vern recognized me!


Overall, it was such a sweet weekend and I was so sad when the Wells had to leave. Sundays are so hard - hugs and kisses goodbye! Don't worry guys - we're counting down the days until Memorial Day weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like much fun was had with your families! It's time for school to get out so I can come up for a weekend!!

    ReplyDelete