Friday, June 25, 2010

Veggies, Books, and Bears, Oh My!

Here's a few updates on our life in the mountains!

We dicovered a HUGE blackberry bush in our front yard! They're delicious!
We've been eating lots of fresh fish from what we caught at the Coast! Blackened grouper tacos!
Jamie continues to grow...
As do our tomatoes...
As does our Basil and Mint....Mint Juleps anyone?
My gardenias are out of control and smell so divine! We have bowls of blooms all over the house!
Oh, and we have our first baby bell pepper!
I just finished the best book ever! My friend, Brittany, gave me the book "The Help" as a gift and I HIGHLY recommend this as a great summer read! I cried when it ended, because I was so attached to the characters... I just didn't want it to end!

And last but not least, we had our first black bear sighting of the summer! He strolled right through our yard! I did a double-take, because I thought it was Jamie at first! He was just a little cub, but where there's a baby bear, there's a Mama Bear!


We're off to Atlanta this weekend for my sweet friend, Leslie's wedding! Be back next week!

3 comments:

  1. So jealous of your veggies and wild fruit! I'm in the beginning pages of The Help, but by the end of the day, my brain has a hard time with the narrator's dialect! :) I need a week alone by myself to read it! I've heard wonderful things about that book and hope I can get into it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom gave me The Help to read this summer! I need to sit down and read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you talk like an old southern black lady when you were done reading because it was so engraved in your brain?? Because I did! Great book. And congrats on all your fruits and veggies. Your life in the moutains seems so nice. I love reading about it!

    ReplyDelete