Monday, June 7, 2010

The Back Porch

One of the best things about our cabin up here, is the wrap around porch! All 3 layers of it!

However, I spend about every waking hour, on the middle layer. The Back Porch.




The Back Porch is pretty much our little haven for all things. 
It's where I work, read, talk on the phone, get a tan, check emails, listen to music, watch Jamie play and nap. It's where we grill out, eat dinner, listen to music, watch the deer, watch the birds, play games, and talk.

Yes, I said watch the birds. (Hear me out.) We got our first bird feeders and the birds come all day long while we sit out on the porch. It's amazing...because you can hear their feathers flapping. Yes, it's the simple things that entertain us in the YH.

Meet our fat red bird. We think she might me preggers.

This is one of the little chickadees!




I'm proud to announce that The Back Porch has now become the place where I garden! My mom stayed with us in Young Harris last week and she helped me start my first garden (potted, since we won't be in YH forever)!

We got started with the help of Home Depot and a local nursery in YH. Jamie helped, too.



We placed rocks in the bottom of our pots to prevent our water from draining out the bottom.


We will be growing Tomatoes, Bell Peppers, Jalapenos, Basil, Cilantro, Mint, and several types of flowers! I can't wait to use our new veggies and herbs in the kitchen!



The pro-gardener (aka Mom) hard at work!



Ta-da! Our finished product!



Even Gracie (my mom's pup) liked them!



We've already had the butterflies and hummingbirds visit! The hummingbirds are incredible, but they're too fast to get a picture.... I'm working on it!



Now we just have to sit back and be patient while we wait on the vegetables!


No comments:

Post a Comment