Monday, June 7, 2010

Memorial Day 2010

Wow, it's been over a week since my last blog! Can you tell we've been a little bit busy? Don't worry, this Young Harris resident ain't compainin'!

I last left off at us leaving for Memorial Weekend in Steinhatchee, FL... Our new favorite getaway for fun, family time, and relaxation!

I LOVE Memorial Day Weekend! It marks the beginning of summer.... water, boating, grilling out, slicing up a watermelon....oh how I love it all! Growing up, it represented school being out.....In College, it represented the inaugural party weekend to start summer school (aka Summer '05)....and as a working adult it's personally been dubbed as a special weekend each passing year.

MDW '08 - The first time I spent a long weekend (out of town) with Clayton and the entire Wells family in Destin, FL! Leading up to that weekend, I was a nervous wreck (I hope they like me)! I left Destin LOVING the entire Wells clan!

MDW '09 - The weekend that Clayton asked for my Dad's blessing to propose to me. And yes, he waited to do it Monday morning while they were cleaning the boats!

MDW '10 - Here we are, our first MDW as a married couple celebrating with BOTH of our immediate families! We're blessed that we all get along so well, and look forward to many more holidays that we can all spend together!



My 22 inch trout!

Bart and I caught the biggest ones of the weekend!

My second catch was a 23 1/2 incher!

Are you proud Vern?
Mom, Bart, and Becky on the pontoon boat!


Someone lost their Kate Spade sunglasses in the water! (Croakies, my friend.)

Fearless boys to help with the rescue!

Beautiful morning on the water!

Early birds: Carson & Clayton.

Sunrise.

It was worth getting up early....my first Redfish!! 26 inches!! (The credit goes to the boys who hooked it, but let me reel it in.)

Afternoon nap...
Cap't Lizzie!

Wastin' Away Again in Margaritaville.

The best in-laws ever.

All our fish! Dinner time....fried sea trout and blackened red fish!

Afternoon Boat Ride.

Cornhole! Dad is still the champion....darn!

Mamas & Daughters!

Sweet Father-in-Law.

Mamas & Pups.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Amy, I loved meeting you on MDW '08!! Glad you are apart of the family!! Looks like you all had a blast in Steinhatchee

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the recap. looks like much fun was had by all. :) before you know it, july 4 will be here...WOOHOO!!

    ReplyDelete