Friday, June 25, 2010

James & Carole, Girl's Night, Sunday Fun Day!

I'm back! After a crazy couple of weeks and some hard drive drama (ahem, thankfully none of my pictures are missing!), I am back! We have been busy kicking off our summer! Let's see how much I can fit in one post!

1. James Taylor and Carole King Concert: My sweet mom bought us tickets to go see James Taylor (my absolute fave!) and Carole King (my new absolute fave!) in concert! We sat back, relaxed, and listened to all their greatest hits! Carole is absolutely adorable and I hope I am as cute and spunky as she is at that age!


2. Best Girl's Night Ever: I hate that I have no pictures of this night, because pictures really would have given it justice. You know how sometimes when plans fall through, they end up being better than you could have imagined! Well, that explains this girls night. My old roomies (Courtney and Brittany) and I had planned to see Sex in the City 2 on a Friday night at Phipps. After fighting traffic, rain, and chasing down lost dogs (Ellie) and caring for dogs who were just newtered (Jackson)....we FINALLY made it to Phipps Plaza to purchase our 8:50 pm movie tickets. Upon arriving at 7:30, we were excited to purchase our tickets early and enjoy a glass of wine and dinner at The Grape. To our surprise, the only tickets left were for the 8:00 pm showing. We all REALLY wanted that glass of wine - so we ran into The Grape, gulped a glass, swollowed and appetizer flatbread, and coerced our waitress into letting us buy bottles of wine to take into the theater with us! The best part - she did! She sold us 2 bottles, corked 'em, and sent us off on our way with plastic cups! We were set! Again to our suprise (sensing a theme here?), upon entering the theater we discovered there were no seats left! Sold out show! So we did what any girl desperately needing a girl's night would do. We sat on the floor in the back. There we were - 3 friends sitting on the floor, butts falling asleep, watching our SITC2, and drinking our wine! We got to talk and laugh throughout the whole thing whithout annoying anyone around us! I couldn't have planned it better! That night will always be engraved in my memory! Thanks Britt and Court!

3. YH Sunday Fun Day: On a usual Sunday, you'll find us Wells fishing, exploring, finding creeks, etc. This particular Sunday was especially fun! We found a new creek and a really cool Antique shop! I'll let the pictures do the talking!
Creeks & Waterfalls!
Crazy tad poles!
The Pickers guys would have been obsessed with this!
When was the last time you had an old fashioned coke or root beer? Ahhhh!
How cute is he?
The sweet guy above, bought me a new gardenia bush and herbs on our way home!
Oh, and this is how we're displaying those antique bottles!
We made magnets out of the caps!


1 comment: