Friday, June 25, 2010

Fishing, Scalloping, and ICEing!





We had an impromptu trip to the coast this past weekend! One of my favorite things about Steinhatchee is Scallop season! I got to experience it for the first time last year, and fell in love with "Scropin'" as we like to call it!

Since the oil is coming (don't even get me started!), the Governor of Florida opened scallop season early! This was the only weekend we would be able to get down there, so we packed up and headed to Florida last Thursday afternoon!

On Friday, we went fishing! Check out our catch!


Clay's Grouper
The boys with their cigars!
My snapper! (Oh and don't mind my attire, we only road in through a lightning/thunderstorm that last 12 miles in from offshore.)
My 28 inch Grouper! Yes, the biggest catch of the day! I'm still sore from reeling this guy in!
The biggest grouper and the biggest snapper of the day!
They made me hold both of my catches like this...Yes, my fingers are in their eyeballs. I'm grossed out. And they're really heavy.
Me and the boys and all our fish!

On Saturday, we went Scalloping!

Check out ALL our Scallops... and ICE. Shhh!
Bart got ICED! And took it like a Man!

Oh, and speaking of ICED.... did I mention that someone else got ICED the weekend before?

Planting the ICE.
And you thought I wouldn't blog about it, TP....

No comments:

Post a Comment