Friday, June 25, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

I can't let this week go by without wishing a Happy Father's Day to the great men in my life! Happy Father's Day Dad, Bart, and Papa!

My Dad

They should call Father's Day, "Happy Jay Day," because Jay is the best Dad to Allie and me! My sweet dad always puts my sister and I first! We are so thankful to have such an awesome Dad! He has always made our dreams come true..."You want to go to Auburn?" "Go for it!" "You want to have your dream wedding at the beach?" "I'm in!" No matter what, he has paved the way for Allie and I making the impossible, possible. We are so blessed to have such a giving Dad.

This year, has been a particularly special year for my Dad and me. He gave me away at my wedding, and has welcomed Clayton into our family. I will never forgot my wedding day and spending that special moment with my Dad before he walked me down the aisle. My poor dad has been surrounded by women his whole life - surrounded by all sisters, all daughters, and nieces! It's been so neat to watch how he and Clayton have grown close, especially since we've been married. I love how great our families get along!

Thanks for making my dreams come true, Dad! Thanks for loving Clay as much as you love Allie and me! I love you so much!


   
       

Bart, My Father in Law

When I married Clayton, not only did I get an amazing husband... I also got the MOST amazing family! I couldn't ask for a better Father-in-Law! Bart has been such a great role model to Clayton, and I'm so blessed to have a husband who was raised in such a wonderful home with a wonderful patriarch. Bart has raised two wonderful kids, Clayton and Liz, and I can honestly say he treats me like the third! He has always accepted me as part of the family.

One of my favorite memories of Bart happened the morning that Clayton proposed to me at the beach. We came back up to the condo to be greeted by our families in the pajamas. Bart made mamosas and gave the most touching toast to Clayton and I. We were all in tears! I wish I had a recording of that toast - it was so beautiful!

Thanks for being the best Father-in-Law a girl could ask for! Love you, Bart!



My Papa

Gosh, it's times like now, that I really wished I had all my childhood photos uploaded on my computer. I have SO many good ones with this great man, My Papa. I have so many wonderful childhood memories with Papa. He is my mom's dad, and has been such a huge part of my life. If you ever showed up at the Holy Trinity Gym or the MCC Soccer Field, this man was there with his camera taking every action shot he could of his two grandduaghters! He was also the one who apparently, took this screaming baby (me) out of church every Sunday to watch the squirrels. He is one of the most loving and patient people I know.

One of my favorite memories of Papa, was getting up in the middle of the night to go turtle watching. We would set the alarm for high tide, grab our flashlights, and walk down to the beach to watch the turtles lay their eggs. Those were experiences I will never forget!

Thanks for creating so many loving memories for me, Papa! I love you so much!



1 comment:

  1. By the time I got to read about your Papa, my eyes were filled with tears. What sweet men!!

    ReplyDelete