Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Our Last Night

The past month has been an extremely busy one for us. We have had the joy of celebraing our dearest friends' engagements, weddings, and visiting with our favorite loved ones. I have so many great pictures that I cannot wait to share on the blog....however, my camera cord was shoved into a box about two weeks ago and I honestly couldn't tell you where it is at this point! It's ashame, because I got some really special pictures tonight as we shared our last evening together in Young Harris. A favorite of the Wells....dinner at our favorite cheap Mexian joint overlooking the lake, a drink at the Tiki Hut, and back home before sunset to spend the rest of the evening on the back porch with Jamie.

The past two weeks have been nothing short of crazy between moving both of us along with all of our wedding gifts spread throughout the southeast... a systematic haze of wrapping, packing, taping, loading. Wrapping, packing, taping, loading. I'd be lying if I didn't tell you I'm exhausted, but I couldn't let our last night in Young Harris pass without a post on the old blog. For those of you who know me well, you know I am a bit nostalgic (aka cheesy) especially when it comes to moves, so you will have to bear with me.

Our time in Young Harris has been nothing short of amazing and I am so thankful for the time we've had here. I gave up everything in Atlanta to move here with Clayton, and the entire journey was so worth it. The beginning was very difficult. Packing up and moving to a small town where I knew no one was quite a culture shock for me. However, God came through in more ways than I could imagine.  We have shared so many wonderful memories here together. Upon returning from our honeymoon, we came home to the cabin in Young Harris. This is where we cooked our first meals together as husband and wife. Where we first learned to fly fish. Where we watched the deer in our very own back yard. Where my best friend was my neighbor's dog... Jamie is probably what I will miss most. We spent our last night with her this evening and I was sure to tell her how much I loved her. I thanked her for bringing so much laughter and joy to my life in the last six months. I couldn't bring myself to say goodbye, because it's too hard. However, I promised we'd buy our own puppy one day and name her Jamie in honor of her (if Vern lets me).  It's hard to believe our time here has already come to end. Bittersweet if you will. We couldn't be more excited to move into our first home in Atlanta, but we will so very much miss this place. For us, it has been an extended honeymoon and the beginning of our life together.

Young Harris, you have been so good to us. You will always have a special place in our hearts. Take care of Jamie for us!

4 comments:

  1. Oh gosh...you had me tearing up reading that!! Girl...you know I know how you feel! :) Good luck with the move and I hope Adam and I can come see you all soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm crying...and it's not the good cry! Friend, I love you so so much! God WAS so good to y'all in YH...and He will CONTINUE to be good in Atlanta. Can't wait to come and visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God Bless Amy and Clayton as this season closes and a new beginning season opens in Vinings. God has a plan and purpose for your lives. Jeremiah 29:11

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh man! I cried too! Can't you take Jamie with you??

    ReplyDelete