Monday, July 26, 2010

End of July...

Well, as July comes to a close, our little family has been battling illnesses! I apologize it's been so long since my last post! I left last Friday to go on a Bachelorette weekend and came home to my poor sick husband! He was battling soar throat, chills, achiness, etc. all weekend! He was glad to have me back home to take care of him, but by Tuesday I got the exact same thing he had! By mid-week he was having to make me grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup! That's the beauty of marriage....it has been a team effort getting through this past week. I am so blessed to have such a sweet husband to take care of me. After lots of Nyquil, Clariton, Sudafed, etc.....we both still have a lingering cold/congestion! Ugh!

If you've called me this week, I'm sorry I haven't returned calls yet! I promise I'll call you back this week! ;)

I have lots to fill you in on since the last post! Let's start with Brittany Guidice's Bachelorette Weekend! It took place at the Amelia Island Plantation Resort and it was absolutely beatutiful! If I could put a soundtrack to this post, I would most definitely be playing the song Dynamite right now....that was our anthem of the weekend! I met so many great new girls and we had a blast! We danced up a storm by night and beached it by day. I haven't laughed so hard in such a long time! Thanks girls! We couldn't have asked for a better weekend to celebrate Miss Brittany!











Upon my return to Young Harris, last Monday marked one of the most dramatic days we've had in the mountains. I kid you not! Our little Jamie has been chasing a lot of squirrels lately. Well, Monday morning was no different. She ran out into the woods behind our cabin....except I caught a glimpse of gold fur running through the woods as well! It was a deer! I would see a flash of fur from the deer and then Jamie running through the woods, then I heard yelping and growling! I was so worried Jamie was going to hurt this deer, so I yelled out at her.....before I knew it, the deer was chasing Jamie up to our cabin! He was in full on attack mode! I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story.....

Angry deer chases Jamie up to our cabin.
Fearless deer, just feet away from us.
Scared dog.
Deer waits in the woods for Jamie.
Jamie gets brave again....sniffs some bushes and.....
Out jumps a baby fawn! Click on this picture and look closely....you can see the white spots on it and everything! So that explains the angry deer...She was a protective mama!
Deer hunting down Jamie again... (This went on all day...until 8:00 at night!)

You think Jamie would learn her lesson by now!



I have never seen anything like this! Usually the deer up here are so timid, but this one was ready to pounce on old Jambo in pursuit to save her fawn. They went back and forth all day and into the night! Luckily, the deer was gone when we woke up Tuesday morning.

This weekend, Clayton took me to dinner to get me out of the cabin! After being sick all week it felt nice to get dressed and go somewhere!

Self-timed Photo in front of our Cabin.
Gorgeous sky on our drive home from dinner.

Lounging with Jamie.
Typical Saturday night at home :)
Oh, and did I mention she loves peanut butter now?
She'll do anything to get to her peanut butter!
Night, night!

No comments:

Post a Comment