Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Home from Vacation!

After spending 10 lovely days in Destin, we finally returned home on Sunday! We had a wonderful vacation filled with a good mix of relaxation (for me) and activity (for Clayton)!

Our trip included:
  • Reading... I got to finish two books while on the beach!
  • Fishing... We caught Snapper, Dolphin, and King Fish!
  • Fireworks
  • Celebrating our One Year Engagement Anniversary!
  • Crab Island
  • Boating
  • Eating at our Favorite Restuarants
  • Lounging on the Beach
  • Swimming in the Pool
  • Shopping/Antiquing
  • Going out in Baytowne
  • Watching the Blue Angels Show
  • AND NOT ONE SPOT OF OIL OR TAR BALLS!! The beaches of Destin are still beautiful!!
You know I enjoyed my vacation, because this paparazzi hardly took any pictures! Now that I'm home, I'm mad at myself for not getting any good ones! I have more pictures of fish and airplanes than people....and I promise I'll never let that happen again (I hope you enjoyed it while it lasted, Clay!)

Happy Fourth of July!
Playing games with the girls!

Sweet Sis-in-Law!

All 3 of these gentlemen got iced!
Liz and I made a Fourth of July Cake!
Enjoying Crab Island!
Sunset in the Destin Harbor!
Fishing with the Mitchells!
Flipper and Friends kept trying to steal our fish from us!
Better view of Flipper!
Us girls (Becky, Holly, and me) caught our limit in Snapper!
Our patient captains!
Blue Angels Day!
Vern enjoying the show!

2 comments:

  1. I just read your post below about The Help and I felt the same way when it ended! I was SO sad! But...it's being made into a movie!! The only character that I know of that has been cast so far is Bryce Dallas Howard who will play Hilly. My Dad's company picked up a new job with Sperry so I have been talking to Bart alot lately...we have had to do some work on his boat in Carrabelle too! Looking forward to that blackberry muffin recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the picture of you and your hubby from the 4th! Hope you're ready for a phone convo...I'm going to be driving today and you're at the top of my list of people to catch up with! :)

    ReplyDelete