Monday, April 26, 2010

Fishing Themed Birthday for my Fisherman

If you know my husband at all, you know he loves to fish. If you read this blog enough, you'll soon understand the extent to which he loves to fish. He has such a passion for it, so I am slowly jumping on board (no pun intended)! Part of it involved surprising him with a "Fishing" themed Birthday party last Thursday night! We had friends coming in town for the weekend, so I wanted to do something special for him, just the two of us. I spent the day baking a Fishing cake (my mom's recipe that she made for my sister and I when we were kids - our favorite)! I also bought party decorations, fish candy, and goldfish (a fishy snack). I would say, I was being quite the "Fisherwife". After working hard all day, the Fisherman didn't get home until almost 7:00 (you can imagine, Fisherwife wasn't so happy!) I set up a birthday party table of goodies on the back porch. When he came home, he walked straight to the back porch (looking for deer, birds, bunnies, and the rest of our wildlife friends) and to his surprise he found his birthday party! His face lit up and was SO appreciative! Fisherwife was happy again.

See an upcoming post for our favorite birthday cake recipe!







Happy Birthday to my Favorite Catch!
Fisherman turned "actor" while blowing out his candles....
Delish....All you need is a glass of milk!


3 comments:

  1. Look at you!!
    I can't show Adam this post because then he'll really think I'm a bad wife! He's already wondering why I didn't plan a surprise fishing trip for him on our honeymoon! :) Hahah...

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAY impressed with your cake, Ames! What a good little wifey you are!

    Happy Birthday, Clayton!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh.my.gah y'all are too stinkin adorable. please don't tell joe about all this- i'll never hear the end of it...

    :)

    ReplyDelete