Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Tastes of Fall!

One of my favorite things about Fall is the comfort food! There's something about a good hearty meal when it's cold outside....we we welcomed the comfort food at our house yesterday!

To start the day, I've been indulging in my regular cup of coffee by adding cinnamon to it! It's so tasty and so easy! Tomorrow, I'm going to try adding a little but of McCormack's Pumpkin Spice to it and see how that tatses, as well.

Just add the cinnamon on top of the coffee grinds in the filter!


My next way to welcome fall involved a new punpkin dessert I baked! I LOVE all things pumpkin, so couldn't wait to try this recipe! My friend, Lane, from Our Gunter Family sent me the best new blog for recipes....within a day I was testing out the first one. The blog is called Our Best Bites, and I encourage everyone to spend some time on there. They have pictures of every recipe and TONS of great Fall Recipes!

I baked the Easy Pumpkin Crumble, a rendition of Pumpkin Dump Cake! It made the whole house smell amazing! Clayton and I gobbled it up with vanilla ice cream on it last night.....SO GOOD!



Lastly, Clayton made his ultimate pot of chili last night! We've been waiting seven months for our first taste of his chili again and boy was it worth the wait! I can't wait for leftovers tonight!



4 comments:

  1. I made super easy pumpkin muffins last night! I love fall too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have never thought to add cinnamon or pumpkin spice to my coffee...such a smart one! Yay for fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are just too cute!! I'm going to have to try the pumpkin crumble...yum! We made taco soup on Wednesday and it was so tasty! I love that the new season brings new options for dinner too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I came across your blog and wanted to let you know how cute it is. The Easy Pumpkin Crumble looks yummy. I'm going to try it this weekend. Vanessa

    ReplyDelete